Google Search Console is an essential tool for any business hoping to get more website traffic from search engines. Not sure what it is and why you should use it? Check out the video at the bottom of this page. The best way to set up Google Search Console is to first set up Google Analytics. That makes setting it up much easier.
Go to Google Search Console.
- Once you have logged in, click the “Add A Property” button at the top of the page.
- Enter the URL of your website, then click continue.
- If you have access to the root of your website you can upload a html file.
- If you manage your hosting yourself, you can verify via your hosting provider.
- If you use Google Tag Manager, you can verify via Google Tags.
- The easiest method is to verify ownership using your Google Analytics Tracking ID. If you have a Google Analytics Tracking ID installed, simply click the Verify button, and that’s it!
Once you’re set up, Google Search Console will not have much to report. You’ll have to wait a few weeks before any useful data shows up. One thing you will need to do is submit an xml sitemap. This helps Google to find content on your site and index it more effectively.